DrivingSales Executive Summit: 2021
Workshops and Speakers
Workshops and speakers are selected by a dealer panel for their ability to present the latest research and insights
relevant to dealers today. These presentations are exclusive to DSES so you won't want to miss out.
Learn more below.
Early-bird pricing open now!
Oct. 10-11, 2021 | The ARIA, Las Vegas
Don't Miss These Workshops at DSES 2021:
Jim Keras Auto Group
Millennials & Phones –Turning Voicemails into Car Sales
Presented by: Charlie Bass & Freeman Peterman
This session will dive into the true cost of poor phone management and the top three ways that you can improve right now. You’ll hear first-hand from Freeman Peterman, the Digital Director for Jim Keras Auto Group, about his stores and how they're inspiring confidence in millennials over the phone. Contrary to popular belief, millennials DO want to talk over the phone but their standards for instant gratification and a frictionless experience mean we need to adjust our approach. The dealerships willing to give them what they want can win this generation for life. So join us for real-world examples of the top three phone skills that are overlooked, especially when it comes to courting this developing generation of customers.
- Delivering instant gratification to your callers, and encouraging their communication on your most profitable channel- the phones.
- Creating a frictionless experience on your calls using cross platform functionality.
- What you need to do to be catering to the next generation of shoppers. (PS. Gen Z isn’t going to be any easier.)
Larry H. Miller Boulder Toyota
Digital Retailing is Not DIY
Presented by: Michelle Denogean & Jarred Black
Customers’ digital-retailing usage is on the rise and, contrary to popular belief, it is not DIY. A whopping 86% of customers are completing some part of the purchase online and 89% of the time, dealers are using digital retailing to guide them through the remote transaction. In this interactive session, we'll unpack the qualitative and quantitative results of our recent Dealer Impact Study. We’ll also bring in an esteemed dealer panel to explain why the more customers and agents use digital retailing, the faster the transaction and the higher customer satisfaction is.
As we dive into the data, we'll answer the following:
- Why is Digital Retailing not DIY?
- Are consumers being taken out of the online purchase process too early?
- How does digital retailing impact ROI?
Maple Hills Auto Group
Attracting Women to Automotive
Presented by: Randi DeSantis
With it being as hard as it is to attract new employees right now, why aren’t we hiring more women? In this workshop, Randi Desantis will be talking about the strategies dealers should be leveraging today to create an inclusive culture that is attractive to the top talent, regardless of gender.
- Identify the changes you need to make in your hiring practices to attract the best talent.
- Come away with tactics to employ today to attract more female applicants.
The Rise of Conversational Commerce: The Future of Messaging
Presented by: Ali Fawaz & Chad Jernberg
The ability to connect has never been more scrutinized. It’s crucial to explore new and creative ways to relate and engage with auto shoppers.
- Learn how designing a user experience that offers a casual conversation as a means of customer support or even transacting can improve your customer experience and drive revenue for your dealership.
- Understand why auto shoppers no longer have an appetite for wasting time on an automated phone menu or even emailing a business and having to wait for a reply.
- Learn how Google and Facebook are driving more chat conversations that convert into leads.
Stevens Creek Volkswagen
Your Service Department in the Age of Amazon: How to Bring E-Commerce Best Practices to your Dealership
Presented by: Ashley Fedor & Joe Castelino
Capitalize on e-commerce strategies proven by companies like Amazon. Learn how to incorporate similar tactics to improve profitability and experience.
- Learn how to execute a comprehensive audit of your dealership’s end-to end service experience through the eyes of your customer.
- Determine which components of your process can be enhanced; reference and adopt tactics from other e-commerce providers.
- Review performance improvement metrics and proven best practices from a dealer.
Co-presenter coming soon
Marty McFly's Guide to the Future of Automotive SEO
Presented by: Greg Gifford
SEO is too important to use outdated tactics. Don't miss this workshop with Greg Gifford to learn how Google has changed today and what matters for better online visibility.
- Learn how you need to change your SEO emphasis and strategy.
- Discover which signals influence visibility in searches and how to optimize them.
- Learn about the recent Google My Business changes and how to optimize your profile.
Germain Automotive Group
A Customer’s Journey, the Hidden Key to Hiring Success?
Presented by: Kevin Hull & Brian Kramer
Recruiting is Sales - And in today’s digital world, sales start online. Learn to increase your candidate flow while enhancing your Customer’s Journey. In a Post COVID, digital world, online people are not candidates or customers, they are both. In this session, participants will learn how to leverage their existing digital strategies to drive candidate flow & build talent pipelines while enhancing a Customer’s Journey.
- Discover how to align your top of funnel activities and become people focused.
- Learn how to deliver outstanding customer experiences with timely and effective communication and position your dealership to win.
- Create a people machine that will lead to increased sales by leveraging diverse recruiting channels.
Car Motivators Inc
Don Wood Automotive Group
Retain Your People and Sell More Cars by Developing a Sales Coaching Culture
Presented by: Sean Kelley & Tanner Wood
A new dealers story teaches how a coaching approach to managing affects turnover, sales and overall dealership success!
- Learn what a coaching culture is and how it affects success in management satisfaction, employee retention, and sales while helping your dealership become change-proof!
- Understand how to teach salespeople to coach customers in your sales process, and what competitive advantage this gives your dealership in today's market.
- Build and retain a winning team by leveraging both internal and external coaching resources and achieve personal and business goals.
Hyper-efficiency. Selling 100 Cars Per Month in the Digital Age
Presented by: Alan Krutsch & Alex Meyhoefer
Learn the strategy, sales activities and tech stack that a modern digital salesperson uses to sell over 780 cars per year.
- Use equity mining and finance management software to sell as many as 100 cars per month including F&I and delivery...without an assistant.
- Implement time management strategies to sell and deliver up to 10 cars in a day.
- Deploy tactics for increasing F&I income in a "single point of contact" sales environment.
Revolve Digital and DealerOMG
If Automotive is Becoming Ecom, Why Isn't the Marketing?
Presented by: David Lemmon & Marty Valldejuli
The marketing funnel for automotive should be deep and have a dozen or more groups, but virtually no one markets that way...yet.
- Segmenting is everything. "Low Funnel" isn't just leads. Unresponsive leads is a segment. No show leads is a segment. Unsold appointments is a segment. Each should have a unique message delivered to them for a truly cohesive strategy.
- Brand discovery delivers the power to worry less about in market shoppers. If they're in market but haven't visited your website or FB page, your brand awareness marketing is failing. Powerful "who, why, where" messaging is game changing.
- Re-evaluate the metrics you've been told to care about. Lead counts, bounce rates, and CTR mean nothing on a high level brand discovery campaign...impressions do. Learn to measure marketing over longer time frames, not the 30 days that dealerships live and die by.
Dealer Marketing Strategist
Pivoting Your Marketing to Capture the New Digital Shopper
Presented by: Alex Melen & Chris Anderson
As we enter 2022 – dealing with what will hopefully be the tail-end of COVID, it is as good a time as any to come to terms that consumer behavior has changed. Not only has it changed “for now” but it has changed forever.While some in the automotive space viewed COVID as an existential threat, it’s in fact an opportunity to survive, evolve and thrive. This session will review the shifting consumer behaviors and will help automotive dealerships pivot their marketing to capture the new digital shopper.
- This session will take a deep dive into the changing consumer behaviors (mostly driven by COVID) and what dealerships can do to position themselves for success.
- Data discussed will include over a dozen studies done by Google, Microsoft and SmartSites - including some joint never-before-released studies (that will be done in Q4 2021). This data will be later made public (after NADA) to help SMB's pivot to capture the new digital shopper.
Kocourek Automotive Group
5 Most Important Marketing Metrics Automotive Leadership Must Know
Presented by: Eric Miltsch & Greg Jensen
Discover key marketing metrics that every dealership leader should be aware of and know how to measure! This workshop addresses the biggest issues facing automotive teams regarding knowing how to understand the most important leadership and marketing strategies and tactics you need to run a successful dealership. Get must-have information covering successful leadership, operations, and marketing best practices.
Dealership leadership attendees will learn the following items, among others:
- How to diagnose your marketing mix and gauge its health.
- Which metrics matter the most.
- Why these metrics are important and how to prioritize the rest If you're part of your store's executive or management team, this session is designed specifically for you.
Fixed Ops Digital
Butler Lexus of South Atlanta
Fixed Ops Leadership and Accountability Tactics
Presented by: Brad Paschal & Kevin Deutsch
Come check out some of the leadership and accountability tactics that top dealerships use to maximize fixed ops efficiency and drive productivity.
- See examples of leadership tactics that fixed ops directors and general managers use today to increase results.
- Discover small accountability systems that will drive productivity.
- Dealers will be challenged to think differently to take back our share of the auto repair business.
Is One-Person Selling the Silver Bullet Your Dealership Needs to Survive and Thrive?
Presented by: Chip Perry & TJ Joyce
The traditional auto retail sales process is under attack, and it appears to be reaching the end of its useful life. When Super Bowl commercials venomously attack car dealers, it’s a sign that the old model is becoming a dinosaur. The question is, what will replace it? Should dealers be copycatting what the online disrupters like Carvana and Vroom are doing or should they self-invent a new model that builds on their strengths as physical retailers? What does it mean for your website to truly provide a smooth online on-ramp to a great in-store experience? Perry and Joyce will share a down-to-earth view of how dealers can elevate their customer experience and profits by embracing a transformative One-Person Sales Model
- Understand new options that are available for delivering an exceptional customer and employee experience.
- Helping dealers identify the best role for digital retailing to play into their overall customer journey strategy.
- Help dealers evaluate the priority they are placing on the in-store experience compared to digital tools on websites.
“Car Trek: The Next Generation” Reaching Shoppers In The TikTok & Snapchat Era
Presented by: Pete Peterson & Matt Sneed
Learn the ways your dealership can reach the next wave of car shoppers, regardless of the platforms they use.
- Discover the latest demographic trends, usage metrics, and dealership opportunities on up-and-coming apps such as TikTok, SnapChat, and Instagram.
- Learn how other dealers are creatively using these channels to connect with the next generation of car buyers.
- Explore the “Omnichannel Shift,” and get our Omnichannel Blueprint to help you build your own multi-platform strategy that focuses on the individual, not the channel.
Capitol Auto Group
Friend or Foe? AI Lessons Learned
Presented by: Steve Roessler & Denny Eubank
Learn how new technology, when implemented strategically, can boost engagement up to 70% while increasing your bottom line.
- Identify AI business advantages and how it impacts workforce productivity.
- Tips for shifting to an activity-based mindset and why it matters.
- Review a case study showing AI implemented strategically and its actual results.
Country Hill Motors
WTF Used Car Management (Work The Facts)
Presented by: Jasen Rice & Danny Zaslavsky
Used vehicles can be listed wrong online causing inaccurate market data, so know your data before relying on market data. Join this session and learn how to “work the facts” at your dealership. Find the holes in your inventory before pivoting to the market data. Takeaways from this session include:
- How inaccurate market listings is skewing market data in inventory management tools.
- How to find issues on your lot first before going to market data, and then what cars are causing those issues based on your data.
- Create a digital lot walk, similar to your physical lot walk, for a more strategic attack on moving more cars more profitably.
How to Get Smart with Social and Your Sales Staff in 2021
Presented by: Gail Rubinstein & Steve VanGorder
Sell more cars and Make more Money using Facebook & Instagram! Set your sales staff up for success in 2021! The Key Takeaways include the following:
- Setting up business pages properly on Facebook and Instagram so your sales staff have a business within a business.
- Creating Proper New car offers, Used car offers, trade in offers and Get Pre-approved offers for sales staff!
- How to Boost a Facebook Post to get in Market Shoppers booking test drives and walking in your door!
Advantage Auto Group
How to Build a Culture That Powers Profitability and Positivity
Presented by: Dane Saville & Sabrina Erskine
Discover the insights that will help dealers foster a positive culture that will significantly improve the effectiveness of your dealership's operations.
- Learn applicable insights that will help drive positive change across your dealership’s operations, yielding a more intentional approach that impacts your bottomline.
- Discover a new means of building culture that Reunion Marketing leveraged to solve internal issues and empower every single employee at the company.
- Understand how creating a next-level company culture can help you build a progressive marketing plan.
Ed Bozarth Chevrolet
Leveraging AI + ML to Optimize VIN-level Inventory and Retail Business Strategies
Presented by: Lance Schafer & Brendan Anderson
In today’s increasingly complex landscape, traditional strategies have become obsolete - dealers are spending nearly 80% of their budget sending shopping traffic to only 20% of their inventory. With a strategic approach that leverages AI and machine learning, dealers are able to avoid marketing waste and gain insight into what is being marketed by building campaigns unique to each VIN on their lot.
- Implement automation to successfully manage all media channels, data points, and VINs to stay competitive.
- Leverage /AI/ and ML to score and match inventory and market demand to generate the appropriate action.
- Build VIN-level, turnkey strategies to manage an integrated inventory, pricing, and demand solution.
Hendrick Automotive Group
The Customer Buy Center: A Better Way to Build Inventory
Presented by: Tim Scoutelas & James Bingham
The consumer-sourced trade is the most profitable source of inventory for your dealership. Savvy used car departments will optimize every opportunity to source this inventory, especially those right at their doorstep. The trade-in process, while executed and managed by the pre-owned team, is an essential part of the new car transaction, as well. Dealers who focus on a buying approach that is collaborative, transparent and customer-friendly can see increased traffic to the store, more retail sales, and increased profits across their dealership.
The top three takeaways that dealers will learn by attending:
- How to involve the customer in the trade-in so they understand the logic behind their vehicle valuation.
- How to create a transparent and trustworthy shopping experience and increase efficiency without having to haggle price.
- How to capture trade-ins at a lower acquisition cost and increase profit in front-end gross.
Co-presenter coming soon
How to Acquire Cars Across Every Channel When Inventory is Tight
Presented by: Jason Stum
Join this session and get the latest intel on how to turn your entire digital ecosystem into a vehicle acquisition machine. This workshop will be packed with takeaways to implement at the store today!
- How to optimize your website to maximize vehicle acquisition engagement and conversion.
- How your dealership can be the answer to trade-in or sell my car style queries on Google through paid and organic search.
- How you can acquire cars everywhere with your digital advertising efforts.
- How to initiate trade-in conversations from your website, digital advertising, and even traditional and in-store placements too.
- How you can implement an effective follow up strategy to turn leads into successful acquisitions.
Co-presenter coming soon
It’s Not What You Manage, It’s What You Measure that Drives Results
Presented by: Jason Volny
It’s clear, the success of your business depends on the caliber of your managers. The competencies to sell a car are no longer the only requirements for a manager to successfully build and manage a high-performing team. Their skills and processes must be aligned with the needs of the modern workforce. They must provide clear accountability metrics and manage their teams with job-specific scorecards. A systematic scorecard review process builds a strong relationship between the manager and the employee. It’s built on trust and data, not opinions. High-performing dealers have metrics and scorecards for every job role. They sell more cars, write more hours per RO, generate more gross, and more. If you manage people, you don’t want to miss this!
- In this breakout session, you will receive a framework, insights, and examples of a systematic scorecard review process that drives results.
- We will share case study findings of top-performing dealers and best implementation practices.
Germain Motor Company
Why Savvy Marketers Are Spending More on Audience Data Than Media
Presented by: Steve White & Shaun Kniffin
Dealers know cookie-cutter, “in-market” audiences are wildly inefficient. Learn how to use an audience-first approach that enables you to decrease media spend and increase campaign effectiveness.
- How to prioritize your audience data investments versus your media spend.
- How to identify fake in-market audiences.
- How to use your first-party data to create cost-effective in-market audiences for your campaigns.
Stay tuned for many more workshops coming soon!
Get Registered Early
Save big by booking today! Reserve your spot to join the top dealers at this year’s DSES, Oct 10-11, 2021 at the ARIA, Las Vegas
Early-bird pricing open now!
Copyright DrivingSales 2021